teinm_laida gave me some random questions:
- if you had a time machine, what time period would you be most tempted to relocate to?
- I think the future, definitely, to see how it all turns out. Say, 2210, under the assumption that my English may be quaint but not entirely useless, and some serious history will have happened by then.
- what was the last film that really moved/disturbed you and why?
- I think the most disturbing one lately was The Idiots, by Lars von Trier — cultiness, mental illness and black comedy are always a disturbing mix.
- what is the kindest thing anyone has done for you?
- It's hard to sort out a ranking of them, but my elementary school teachers — Mrs. Lawrence, Mrs. Lang and Annick stand out — and our awesome ahead-of-his-time principal Mr. Rennie really went out of their way to put lots of stimulating stuff in my path. It can't always be easy to be long-time elementary school faculty, but they were awesome anyway.
- least favourite vegetable? ;)
- Probably Brussels sprouts, but even they can be saved with black pepper and butter.
- would you bungee jump?
- No, I think the days when that made any sort of sense for me are past — I'll take my life-and-limb risks doing yard maintenance and bicycle commuting, now.